Walter Dixon is a winner of Audible’s “#1 Editor’s Picks and Customer Favorites” award. He has narrated more than 280 audiobooks, performed in musical theatre, drama and opera productions, professional stand-up comedy, voiced commercials, corporate videos, animated features, vintage radio dramas and audio tours for the Guggenheim and other museums.
The Voice That Works for You
200 audio books narrated
A fun, quick look at how audiobooks are made:
- Friday, July 29, 2022 Walter Dixon is the featured guest on podcast "Funny, not Funny" with Jim Infantino and Lionel Cassin
- Sunday, April 14, 2019 AudioFile Magazine reviews Walter Dixon's Narration of "The End of Old Age"
- Sunday, February 18, 2018 2/18/18 Walter Dixon is Featured Voice Talent on NPR's Only a Game
- AudioFile Review of The Bond: Our Kinship With Animals, Our Call to Defend Them His restrained approach, subtle rather than strident, hits just the right note as puppy mills, inhumane feed lots and slaughterhouses, cockfighting, disreputable zoos, and the trafficking of exotic animals are all brought to light in cruel detail. Happily, listeners will enjoy the touching accounts of mutually beneficial relations.
- Robert, Audible Inc. reviewer
Tour de force in writing and narration. Walter Dixon’s narration is excellent, and could not be improved upon.
- AudioFile Review of The Story of Earth The First 4.5 Billion Years From Stardust to Living Planet Narrator Walter Dixon’s deep, gentle, reassuring tone works well with the book because he uses it to relate sophisticated scientific concepts in an understandable way. Dixon becomes downright conversational at times, and he pauses effectively to let the information sink in. This makes the book not only accessible but engaging and empowering.
- Roman Krznaric
Just listened to the sample - it's fantastic. Thank you so much - you're a Carpe Diem Audio Hero!